Two specialization options within the Physical Education, Sport, and Physical Activity program from The Ohio State University
- The physical education teacher education (PETE) specialization is a competitive option that includes the requirements for teacher certification in the state of Ohio. Once a student meets the minimum requirements to be admitted into the major, he/she is automatically enrolled into the major. Students are prepared to earn a teaching license for physical education in grades K–12.
- A non-licensure option, the physical activity specialist (PAS) specialization merges an understanding of child and youth development with knowledge and instructional skills in physical activity, sport and nutrition. Students who graduate from this program are prepared to become leaders in youth development in recreation centers, sports clubs, schools and similar locations.
Careers include teaching physical education and coaching at secondary schools, as well as coaching at the collegiate level and adapted physical education (graduate school). Students who pursue the physical activity specialist option tend to work in the community in community centers, grant funded programs or for nonprofit organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Orientation to Sport and Leisure Studies
- Concepts of Fitness and Wellness
- Life Span Motor Development
- Coaching the Young Athlete
- Promoting Behavior Change in Sport, Leisure and Exercise
- Teaching Physical Education, Leisure and Exercise
- Teaching Invasion Games
- Field Sports
- Adventure Based Learning
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Sports Sciences View 3332 other Masters in Education in United States
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.