Landscape architecture is a discipline at the intersection of design and ecology. Landscape architects recognize the significant role the environment plays globally in the health of growing populations, expanding cities and fragile ecosystems.
They develop practical and evolving knowledge and skills as the foundation for professional competence, academic scholarship and individualized enrichment.
Ohio State's Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture (BSLA) is a four-year accredited professional degree leading to licensure. It is the only such program in Ohio and has an established reputation going back over 100 years.
Students in the Landscape Architecture program from The Ohio State University are prepared to enter a range of professional fields or graduate programs. Graduates of Ohio State’s landscape architecture program are successful in finding positions at regional, national and global landscape architecture firms; architecture, urban design, engineering and planning firms; development and design/build; environmental management; public sector roles with metropolitan park systems, recreation and parks departments; state and federal agencies of environmental law, policy and management; and academic careers.
In these fields, common project types include designing and managing gardens, parks, neighborhoods, urban systems, bikeways, transit systems, streetscapes, community gardens, campuses, recreation zones, playgrounds, zoos and golf courses, residential developments, urban plazas, green roofs, brownfield reclamation, stream and wetland restoration, ecosystem management, wildlife conservation, and much more.
In addition, graduates of the landscape architecture program consistently enroll in leading graduate programs in landscape architecture and in other fields, including graduate programs of architecture, planning and urban design and career paths in areas of law, business, art, education and more.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The landscape architecture curriculum is structured around studio—an intense one-on-one pedagogy modeled after a traditional apprenticeship—supported by lectures, seminars and courses in technology, ecology, digital representation and history/theory.
- During the first year, students gain a foundation in design and an awareness of the built environment. Through a process of drawing and making models, students learn to develop and communicate ideas across landscape architecture, architecture and urban design.
- Second-year students participate in studios that emphasize drawing by hand and computer and model-making abilities by exploring terrain and ecology through conceptual exercises and design interventions on small local sites.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture View 111 other Masters in Landscape Architecture in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.