International business is the study of business transactions that cross national boundaries. It includes the study of international trade in tangible and intangible goods and commodities; the study of banking, insurance, marketing and other international service transactions; and the analysis of direct and portfolio investments made outside the domestic market. Transactions of both private and public entities are studied with a special focus on the operations of multinational corporations.
At graduation, graduates of the International Business program from The Ohio State University:
- Will posses strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and critically assess problems facing contemporary businesses
- Will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of human resources
- Will possess a global perspective and can critically evaluate the international context a contemporary business operates in
- Can identify and assess ethical issues surrounding business decisions
- Are able to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Can demonstrate professional deportment and effective oral and written communication skills
International business studies should be undertaken in conjunction with a strong functional program. While international business specialists are increasingly attractive to many firms, most entry-level positions are in the functional business areas.
International business specialists have traditionally been employed by larger, international firms, but there are growing opportunities in smaller firms moving into international markets, in banks and financial institutions, and in companies providing assistance to importers and exporters. International business specialists are also employed by the Department of Commerce; the U.S. Import Export Bank; and other federal, state, local and international agencies specializing in the areas of trade and economic development. Positions frequently include the opportunity to work on assignment overseas.
Many students graduating from international business programs also continue their training in graduate programs in law and business. For students looking to complete PhD programs, there are colleges and universities in need of professors to teach the various international business courses.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Principles
- Economics Principles
- Business Skills and Environment
- Business Law
- International Business
- Management Sciences
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Accounting View 1335 other Masters in Economics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.