Information systems emphasizes the application of information technology in business and other organizations. Computers and other information technologies are the technical foundations or the tools of information systems. However, both technical skills and knowledge of business processes and practice are needed to be able to properly envision, design, implement, integrate, evaluate and manage computer-based solutions to business problems.
At graduation, graduates of the Information Systems program is offered by The Ohio State University:
- Will posses strong analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and critically assess problems facing contemporary businesses
- Will demonstrate in-depth knowledge of human resources
- Will possess a global perspective and can critically evaluate the international context a contemporary business operates in
- Can identify and assess ethical issues surrounding business decisions
- Are able to work effectively in a team-based environment
- Can demonstrate professional deportment and effective oral and written communication skills
Opportunities for employment exist within information systems departments and systems support groups of various organizations for programmers, system analysts, application development consultants, liaisons with users, database and network administrators, and information systems managers. When hiring for those positions, many business firms often favor information systems graduates because they understand both technology and business functions and practice.
Companies that are providers of information technology also employ large numbers of information systems graduates. Many positions are available in the marketing groups and service organizations of hardware manufacturers. In the software industry, many opportunities exist in the development, marketing and application support areas. Additionally, the systems consulting industry offers a variety of career opportunities for information systems graduates as programmers, application specialists, software consultants, hardware and business systems consultants.
As computing and telecommunication technologies advance and more strategic importance is placed on information systems, there is a growing need for new application development and increased demand for information systems professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Accounting Principles
- Economics Principles
- Business Skills and Environment
- Business Law
- International Business
- Management Sciences
- Management and Human Resources
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences View 620 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.