Industrial engineers recognize how the design of machinery, tools, equipment, computers, software and automated systems affect the performance of people and work systems. They also evaluate and design the roles people play within work systems to ensure people can safely, effectively and efficiently perform their tasks while maximizing work quality.
Organizations from every sector of our economy—banking, food, energy, health care, commercial aviation, manufacturing, logistics, entertainment and government—turn to industrial engineers for help in improving an organization’s efficiency and productivity. Industrial engineers often work in teams with other types of engineers and business specialists to design and improve systems that produce and distribute goods and services. Industrial engineers guide and support organizational management and often become managers.
Graduates of the Industrial and Systems Engineering program from The Ohio State University develop strong technical, management and design skills that are valuable to many different industries. They pursue a variety of career paths, including jobs in manufacturing and production, health care, finance, energy systems, retail and distribution, aviation, information technology, marketing, and education.
For the past three years, 83 percent of industrial and systems engineering graduates have been placed in full-time employment within 3 months of graduation.
Some employers of industrial and systems engineering graduates include Accenture, AMEND Consulting, Boeing Co., Deloitte Consulting LLP., Eaton, Ford Motor Co., Honda, IBM Corp., JP Morgan Chase, Mettler Toledo, PepsiCo, SwagelokCo. and Whirlpool Corp.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Engineering Math
- Fundamentals of Engineering
- Mechanics, Thermal Physics, Waves
- General Chemistry
- General Education Course
- Intro to Ohio State & Engineering
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering View 282 other Masters in Industrial & Systems Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.