Health sciences may be used by students who plan to apply to a graduate/professional program, including medicine, dentistry, occupational therapy, physical therapy, public health, hospital administration, physician’s assistant, nurse practitioner and medical dietetics.
This Health Sciences Program degree at The Ohio State University is offered on campus or online. The online health sciences program is a degree completion program, offering students the opportunity to complete their bachelor’s degree online after completing several prerequisite courses.
Health sciences graduates will find many opportunities to serve as managers, directors, administrative coordinators and even consultants in managed care organizations, home health care agencies and physician group practices. Graduates will also find employment as health educators, volunteer managers, grant writers and coordinators in community agencies, nonprofit organizations, wellness programs, public health departments, and corporate wellness centers.
Additionally, a major in health sciences also provides excellent preparation for post-baccalaureate programs such as physical therapy, occupational therapy, medicine and similar fields. Approximately 80 percent of health sciences graduates pursue graduate study after completing their bachelor's degrees.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Health Professions
- Health Care Management and HR
- Health Promotion
- Introduction to Pathophysiology
- Critical Phases of Life
- Health Care Delivery
- Ethical Decision Making, and Cultural Differences in Clients
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 1601 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.