Aviation is a combination of many opportunities. Aviation is a high-technology, rapidly changing, competitive business operating in a global arena. Educated, professional managers are needed in over 50 career areas in the aviation industry. Transportation, economics and logistics, flight operations, and flight support are some of the many other positions that make up the exciting and challenging field of aviation.
For every pilot in every aircraft there are at least 10 other aviation professionals each contributing their expertise to the successful planning and operation of a flight. These professionals include airport managers, flight instructors, fixed base operators, air traffic controllers, government consultants and members of regulatory bodies. Graduates of the aviation program may find careers at airlines and in fields such as corporate aviation, cargo aviation, flight support and planning, aviation support systems, and air transportation management.
The aviation industry also has many opportunities in research and development. Work is continually being done to analyze aviation and to determine what can be done to make it safer, to manage it more efficiently, and to develop new products and techniques.
The aviation undergraduate curriculum is designed to give a student the foundation upon which careers can be made designing, managing and operating tomorrow’s national and international aviation systems.
Aviation is a high-technology, competitive industry, operating in a highly regulated structure. In order to provide the aviation student with an ability to deal with complex technical problems, the curriculum contains engineering science and analysis components. The foundation for the curriculum is the engineering freshman program. Students are encouraged to contact the department for additional information.
Each student admitted to the program will be assigned an adviser who can provide personal guidance.
The Aviation program at The Ohio State University is designed for students interested in an aviation program containing a strong engineering science and analysis component.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to the Aviation Industry
- The Private Pilot Fundamentals
- Aviation Communication
- Aircraft Performance and Weather
- Aviation Management and Marketing
- Aviation Regulations
- Aviation Human Factors and Safety
- Aviation Capstone
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering View 182 other Masters in Aerospace Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.