Fine art as a discipline involves the realization of ideas and the creation of meaning through the production of images, objects, performances and experiences.
Students of the Art program at The Ohio State University experiment with material and content through the production, examination and evaluation of the visual arts and gain skills in networking, persuasion and project management. They have numerous opportunities to work within the larger community to effect positive change.
- Students will think critically about a wide range of art, effectively and articulately making historical and contemporary connections within a broader cultural context.
- Through the engagement of materials and ideas, students will work fearlessly, live creatively and impact the world around them.
- Students will confidently understand the value of making and the ways in which art forms informs culture.
- Students will view the world through the lens of an artist, allowing for change and malleability and creative problem solving and they will take this skill with them out into the world.
Earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts is the gateway to a career as an artist and provides professional preparation for additional education at the graduate level. Many graduates work in arts administration positions with museums, galleries and public agencies. In addition to working as artists, graduates also find work in fields as varied as law, medicine, architecture and policy.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Encountering Contemporary Art
- Two-Dimensional Art
- Three-Dimensional Art
- Expanded Media
- Digital Image
- History of Art
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1958 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.