Students can participate in one of the up to seven study abroad programs annually offered by the Knowlton School. Recent programs include study in Cuba, Chile, Ghana, Italy, Japan, Taiwan and travel tours throughout multiple European countries that focus on topics from the development of modern architecture to sustainable urban planning practices.
Knowlton students may apply for one of the school’s Architecture Research Travel Awards (ARTA) in order to pursue independent travel and research abroad.
Ohio State’s four year, pre-professional Architecture programe from The Ohio State University prepares students to continue their studies in an accredited Master of Architecture program. Ohio State students consistently enroll in the nation’s best architecture graduate programs, including Harvard University, Yale University, University of Pennsylvania, Columbia University, Rice University, University of Michigan, Sci-ARC and UCLA.
The core components of becoming a licensed architect include:
education (earning an accredited Master of Architecture degree)
experience (documented though the National Council of Architectural Registration Board’s Architectural Experience Program)
examination (completion of the Architect Registration Exam)
Many architects specialize in design, while others become adept at managing, marketing and other aspects of professional practice. Architecture firms are also involved in real estate development and construction, a form of practice known as “design/build.” Local, state and federal governments and private entities also employ architects to plan and oversee the work of design and planning firms.
Many architects combine private practice with teaching or architectural journalism. Others trained as architects enter allied fields of planning, engineering, real estate development and construction, or develop graphic, industrial or interior design specialties. Theater, film and television industries attract architecture graduates, as do museums, display firms, and architectural product and materials manufacturers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- During the first year, students must complete foundation courses (Architecture 2300 and 2310) and establish a foundation in the design of the built environment through a series of design projects that highlight the disciplines of architecture, landscape architecture and urban design.
- Second-year students complete courses in architectural history and graphical representation. They complete projects that emphasize techniques of modeling and drawing accompanied by critical inquiry.
- Third-year students develop an understanding of architecture as a cultural practice through projects with collective, large-scale, institutional programs on specific sites. Students complete courses in building construction, structures and systems and join fourth-year students in elective studios spring semester.
- Fourth-year students complete large-scale, hybrid programs on complex sites.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 284 other Masters in Architecture in United States
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.