The Bachelor's of Science degree in Civil Engineering Technology at Montana State University - Northern prepares Graduates to achieve the following program educational objectives:
- Graduates will have technical skills required for construction testing, planning, designing, constructing, and maintaining civil projects in the Built Environment and Global Infrastructure.
- Graduates will be prepared to analyze and design systems in support of Civil Engineering projects.
- Graduates will have the managerial skills to perform cost estimates and analysis, and to manage technical activities in support of Civil Engineering projects.
- Graduates will gain awareness of Professional community involvement, leadership, continuing education, and ethical responsibilities.
Graduates of the Associate degree program are qualified for positions as engineering and or surveying technicians, in consulting firms or in the public sector. Associates degree graduates may also serve as support staff in various local, state, and federal public works and transportation agencies.
Graduates of the Bachelors degree program that pass their FE are qualified, under state law, to pursue a career as engineers in training. With the FE and four years of progressively responsible experience and other criteria as set out by the Montana Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors graduates may sit for their Principles Practices of Engineering Exam.
Upon successfully passing this exam, the individual will be registered as a professional engineer and qualified to work in that industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Architectural Construction and Materials
- Introduction to Surveying for Engineers
- Construction Management and Bid Estimation
- Applied Mechanics
- Applied Strength of Materials
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 516 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
- Submit an application form or apply online.
- A $30 non-refundable application fee and the completed admissions application should be returned to the Admissions Office.
- A final high school transcript, with a graduation date posted.
- All freshmen applicants who have graduated from high school less than three years prior to the first date of enrollment at Montana State University-Northern must submit a score report from the American College Test (ACT) or from the Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
International18664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9332 USD per semester during 48 months.
National18664 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9332 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5954 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2977 USD per semester during 48 months.
388 per credit for WUE & Canadian
Living costs for Havre
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.