The Aerospace Engineering program at Rutgers University provides a broad and multi-disciplinary education in the fundamentals of aircraft and spacecraft design. Rutgers is currently the only public university in New Jersey offering an aerospace engineering degree.
The aerospace degree program includes courses in spacecraft mission design, propulsion, mechanical control systems, system dynamics and controls, orbital mechanics, and power plants, among others. Proactive learning opportunities utilize classroom studying in applications and design, leading to a final aerospace design project in the senior year.
Career prospects for aerospace engineers extend beyond the aeronautics field into other industrial sectors such as advanced manufacturing, energy, and automotive. Rutgers' corporate partnerships and alumni relations at leading aeronautic organizations, including NASA and the New Jersey Space Grant Consortium, Lockheed Martin, Boeing, and others, help generate student internships and careers.
- Rutgers is the only public university in New Jersey to offer an aerospace degree.
- Rutgers is one of six FAA-designated test sites for advancing the integration of drones into national airspace.
- New Emil Buehler Aerospace Lab is a two-story testing space for drones and aerospace projects.
- Faculty members include aerospace engineering experts.
AE Hands-On Experience
- Year-long aerospace capstone design experience includes students working in teams to conceptualize, design, and manufacture aerospace system prototypes.
- Research and teaching facilities include the state-of-the-art Buehler Supersonic Wind Tunnel and desktop and standalone subsonic wind tunnels.
- Build autonomous and wired controls, robotic systems, and unmanned aerial vehicles
- Active flight control, computational simulations of aerospace structures, propulsion, computational flow dynamics and visualization, autonomous control, lunar and Martian habitats, flexible robotic mechanisms, aerial micro vehicles, control and flight characteristics of high-speed vehicles, space situation awareness, air and water autonomous vehicles, material systems for aerospace structures, and lightweight multifunctional materials.
The degree awarded upon completion of any of these options is the B.S. in mechanical engineering which is professionally accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. We’ve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a member—so are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeley—of the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers’ international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Multivariable Calculus
- Analytical Physics
- Engineering Mechanics: Dynamics
- Mechanical Engineering Computational Analysis and Design
- Differential Equations for Engineering and Physics
- Analytical Physics Laboratory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesAerospace Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 192 other Bachelors in Aerospace Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International34748 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17374 USD per semester during 48 months.
National34748 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17374 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State14354 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7177 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.