About the Program
The Medicine program of Rutgers University offers guaranteed admission to medical school provided you maintain certain minimum progress requirements. The BA/MD program is offered jointly between the Newark College of Arts and Sciences and New Jersey Medical School at Rutgers University. For students interested in developing a comprehensive bio medical science background. Academic options in the BA/MD program: Students often major in Biology, Chemistry, Economics, English, History, or Psychology, but may select from a wide variety of options in this program.
The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. We’ve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:
- Rutgers is a member—so are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeley—of the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
- More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
- Rutgers’ international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.
- Concepts in Biology
- Foundations of Biology 1: Cell and Molecular Biology
- Foundations of Biology 1: Laboratory
- Foundations of Biology 2: Ecology and Evolution
- Foundations of Biology 2: Laboratory
- Comparative Anatomy of Vertebrates
- Mammalian Physiology
- General Chemistry
- General Chemistry Lab
- Organic Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Lab
- 84 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Human Medicine Health Sciences View 2194 other Bachelors in Health Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Achieve a minimum 1400 on the SAT-I (Critical Reading and Math combined) in one test administration. Note: Only test scores through October will be considered for the BA/MD program.
- Achieve an ACT composite score of 32 and above will be accepted in lieu of SAT scores. If you choose to submit the ACT instead of the SAT, you must have completed the optional Writing Section of the ACT test. ACT scores submitted without a Writing Score will not be considered. NOTE: Only test scores through October will be considered for the BA/MD program.
- Be ranked in the top 10% of your high school graduating class
- Be enrolled in your senior year of high school at the time of application
International29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 84 months.
National29736 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14868 USD per semester during 84 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 84 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.