The Africana Studies program of Rutgers University offers a major and minor at the undergraduate level, specialized course offerings at the graduate level, and programming designed to raise consciousness about the histories and issues that concern black life.
The objectives of the program are to:
Foreground the indispensability of Africa and its people to world history and culture
Prepare students to meet their educational, professional, and personal goals by way of an investigation of black diasporic cultures and knowledges
Interrogate the meanings and effects of race and racism and how they are interconnected to other systems of identity and power
Articulate the present world and author alternative ones in response to the larger patterns that relate to people of African descent
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Power and Decision Making in Urban Communities
- The Psychology of Minority Groups
- African-American History
- Poverty and Urban Environmental Systems
- Contemporary Social Problems
- African-American Religion
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Ethnic Studies International Development View 202 other Bachelors in International Development in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14589 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29178 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14589 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12536 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6268 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New Brunswick
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.