The Early Childhood Education - Cooperative Elementary Education program at South Dakota State University includes the theory and practice of working with children and their families and communities. Students complete a student teaching experience at the Fishback Center for Early Childhood Education and at a selected public school. It typically takes five years to complete the cooperative program.
This Early Childhood Education - Cooperative Elementary Education program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working with youths
- Are interested in studying and teaching in a specific subject area
- Are a patient, positive, creative, energetic person
- Have strong communication skills
- Are willing to work hard to overcome challenges
- Youth development specialist
- Youth mentor
- Director of childcare
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Early Experience and Lab
- Field Experience
- Child Development I: Prenatal to 2
- Child Development II: 3 to 8 Years
- Pedagogy and Curriculum and Lab
- Play and Inquiry and Lab
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 60 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Early Childhood Education View 3428 other Bachelors in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International10490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 60 months.
National10490 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 60 months.
In-State7247 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 257 USD per credit during 60 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.