The Animal Science - Science program at South Dakota State University allows students to focus their studies on the science of genetics, nutrition, physiology, and meats as they affect production and management of livestock and meat animal products.
Program courses pertain to beef cattle, horses, sheep, and swine and the applications of various disciplines to the breeding, feeding, management, and marketing of livestock and livestock products.
This program will be a good fit if you:
- Have an interest in science and the livestock industries
- Like to work with animals
- Are interested in medicine and well-being of animals
- Want to do research
- Are a problem solver and analytical thinker
- Animal health research
- Meat product development
- Reproductive (AI, ET) technician
- Large/small animal veterinary practice
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Global Food Systems
- Introduction to Animal Science and Lab
- Introduction to Meat Science and Lab
- Livestock Feeds and Feeding and Lab
- Principles of Accounting
- Opportunities in Animal and Veterinary Science
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Animal Sciences Genetics View 218 other Masters in Animal Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 48 months.
National372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State257 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 257 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.