The Animal Science - Science program at South Dakota State University allow students to focus their studies on Industry Relations, Production Management, Science, or Food Animal Health. The Production Management Specialization provides flexibility for students to complete courses and minors in related areas of interest. The Science and Food Animal Health Specializations are designed to meet course requirements of the Pre-Veterinary Medicine curriculum for the SDSU Professional Program in Veterinary Medicine and some other veterinary schools. In the Industry Relations Specialization students gain the fundamentals of animal science disciplines, paired with training in communication skills and leadership to enhance their opportunities in many animal and animal products based careers.
Upon completion of the Animal Science major with a Science Specialization, students will:
- Acquire knowledge of the core sciences and best management practices that are the foundation of animal science and husbandry.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills using a variety of mediums and with various audience types and apply techniques to critically evaluate communication strategies regarding animal agriculture.
- Demonstrate the ability to function as an effective member of a team.
- Develop fact-based comparisons of both sides of contemporary issues that impact diversity, inclusion, equity, and professional ethics as related to animal agriculture.
- Interpret, critically evaluate, and apply information in order to recognize problems and create solutions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Accounting
- Opportunities in Animal and Veterinary Science
- Survey of Animal Science
- Principles of Animal Nutrition
- Livestock Feeds and Feeding and Lab
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesVeterinary Medicine Animal Sciences Genetics View 924 other Bachelors in Genetics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
National11280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 376 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State7770 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 259 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.