The Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management at the National University provides a solid foundation in the security issues, practices, politics, and cultures of terrorism; best practices to cope with a pending emergency; and operations during, and recovery from, an emergency.
Throughout the homeland security degree program, you’ll conduct research on various government and private sector entities and report on suggested improvements in preparing for an emergency. Prepare for work in a variety of homeland security and emergency preparedness settings and capacities, such as land borders, seaports and airports, threat assessment, disaster management, and crisis response planning, and management. It is also appropriate for military personnel of all ranks, mid-level managers, and managers seeking promotion within the various levels of government and private industry.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Apply relevant criticism in sustained analysis and interpretations of security management thinking.
- Evaluate emergency disaster pre-plans, recovery plans, and after-action reports.
- Apply analytical skills in approaching ethical dilemmas and implications of technology and other areas faced in government and private industry.
- Describe the political and religious implications of the terrorist climate.
- Describe and analyze the role groups and teams have in organizations as they relate to addressing homeland security and emergency management issues.
- Describe the roles local, state and federal government agencies have in addressing homeland security and emergency management issues.
- Domestic Security Management
- Leading Diverse Groups & Teams
- Intl. & Domestic Terrorism
- Interviewing and Interrogation
- Information Security
- Border-Transportation Security
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- This program starts monthly.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Emergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 30 other Bachelors in Terrorism & Security in United States
- Official high school transcripts and mark sheets (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official high school diploma/proof of graduation (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Official post-secondary transcripts and diplomas if post-secondary schooling was pursued by applicant (and certified English translations, if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Support: $33,500
International1665 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1665 USD per module during 48 months.
National1665 USD/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1665 USD per module during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.