About this Degree
As an Applied Mathematics major at Brandeis University, you'll acquire the tools and methods of the field's main frameworks—probability, mathematical modeling, numerical analysis and differential equations—and learn to develop mathematical models to solve real-world problems. You'll learn to apply this knowledge across many disciplines, including biology, chemistry, economics, engineering and social sciences. In fact, applied mathematics might interest you as a second major if you are already majoring in physics, computer science, biology, neurobiology, economics, or business.
The bachelor of science degree program was developed in response to the need for applied mathematicians to model solutions for the world's most pressing problems. As a well-trained applied mathematician, you will have highly-valued skills that will open doors to career opportunities at public institutions, research centers or private companies that use quantitative methods to understand and solve complex problems. You'll also be well-prepared to pursue further study and a career in academia.
- linear algebra
- abstract algebra
- real and complex analysis
- differential geometry
- differential equations
- number theory
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMathematics Applied Mathematics View 2461 other Bachelors in Mathematics in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed Common Application.
- Official copies of all high school transcripts and/or GED certificate and/or marks from any externally graded national exams
- A school report and a letter of recommendation from a secondary school official.
- Standardized test scores or a graded analytical paper: You have three options to fulfill our testing requirement.
- A mid-year report: If you're still in school, you'll need to submit a mid-year report from your senior year that includes grades for all classes. For Early Decision I students, first quarter or first trimester grades will fulfill this requirement.
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher who has instructed you in a core academic course (math, science, history, foreign language or English).
International61724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61724 USD per year during 48 months.
National61724 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 61724 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Waltham
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.