The Management Information Systems program of Rutgers University is intended to develop analytical and information management skills that are useful in business as well as in public administration. The courses teach our students how to successfully analyze complex business situations quantitatively and to develop and manage information systems for corporations.
Graduates can expect to work in both technical and managerial capacities on development of information technology projects for collecting, managing, analyzing, and acting on business data. For jobs in a business environment, employers often seek applicants with at least a bachelor’s degree in a business-related field such as management information systems (MIS). Increasingly, employers are seeking individuals who have a master’s degree in business administration (MBA) with a concentration in information systems. Technological advances come so rapidly in the computer field that continuous study is necessary to remain competitive.
A degree in Management Information Systems from Rutgers Business School gives graduates the skills they need to work in both technical and managerial capacities. Graduates work on the development of information technology projects for collecting, managing, analyzing, and acting on business data. They work in all kinds of industries, from healthcare to consulting to entertainment. With easy access to New York City from either campus, internships, networking events and alumni are close at hand. Our MSIS alumni are leaders in the Information Systems industry at some of the biggest companies in the world.
- Applied Management Analysts
- Applied Statistics
- Business and Operations Research Analysts
- Computer Security Specialist
- Computer Support Specialists
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Computer Systems Design and Related Services
- Production and Inventory Manager
- Risk Analyst
- Systems Analyst
- System Analysis & Design
- Database Management Systems
- Structure Programming Applications
- Computer Networking Applications
- Designing and Creating Websites
- Data Warehousing & Data Mining
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Business Intelligence & Analytics Business Information Systems View 367 other Bachelors in Business Information Systems in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Online Application
- A $70 non-refundable application fee is required
- Self-Reported Academic Record (SRAR)
- Due to the uncertainty of future test dates and availability of standardized tests, Rutgers will make submission of SAT and ACT test scores optional
- English Proficiency Examination Requirements
- Letters of recommendation are not used for admissions consideration
International29756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14878 USD per semester during 48 months.
National29756 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14878 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State12914 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6457 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Newark
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.