With a focus on operations management for hospital, insurance company, or government settings, this Health Information Management BSc course from the American Public University (APU) introduces you to essential HIM software programs and technologies, medical terminology, pharmacology classification systems, compliance, and coding guidelines including ICD-10 coding steps. The program also covers data management, insurance and public funding programs, and legal and ethical issues.
Tailor your BS in Health Information Management through courses in business management, accounting, finance, operations, and information systems. In addition, you’ll be able to garner real-world experience in an approved healthcare facility.
What You Will Do
- Assess organizational compliance with state and federal governmental regulations
- Construct accurate quantitative evaluations related to healthcare statistics, financial management, and accounting standards
- Analyze both legal and ethical concerns related to confidentiality, security, and privacy issues in the digital space
- Apply supervisory and management skills across business functions
- Identify significant public policy issues in health information management
- This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Healthcare Delivery Systems and Documentation
- Electronics Health Records Fundamentals
- Health Informatics Project and Enterprise Management
- Informatics and Analytics
- Healthcare Data Management and Governance
- Health Information Management Practicum
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Courses Start Monthly
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Health Management Health Sciences View 289 other Masters in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All APU undergraduate programs require a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent (i.e., GED).
- Please read all undergraduate admission requirements before applying to this program and be prepared to submit the required documentation.
- There is no fee to complete the APU admission application.
International285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
National285 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 285 USD per credit and a duration of 2 months.
$250 with military grant
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.