This Bachelor of Science in Translational Life Science Technology (TLST) at the University of Maryland Baltimore County (UMBC) combines the theory of a traditional life science degree with real-world applications used by scientists in academic and industry research. Students who complete this degree will have a comprehensive understanding of cell biology, biochemistry, lab instrumentation, statistics, epidemiology and biochemical engineering as they develop the diagnostic, therapeutic and vaccine answers to current and emerging health risks. In addition, students will master critical skills such as analytical thinking, data analysis, the ability to work in a team, and data evaluation. These skills, combined with the knowledge of science gained in the TLST program, will provide students with the tools necessary to succeed in the modern era of life sciences and go from “bench-to-bedside.”
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Translational Life Science Technology Survey
- Applied Cell Biology
- Instrumentation & Methods for the Biotechnology Laboratory
- Software Applications in the Life Sciences
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Bioinformatics & Biostatistics Biochemistry View 2135 other Bachelors in Biochemistry in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- If you have or are currently earning your high school/secondary school diploma or equivalent but have not earned college credits at the university level AFTER earning your diploma, you should apply to UMBC as a first-year student.
- We weigh a number of factors in making admission decisions. In addition to grade point average and standardized test scores, the strength of your curriculum, class rank, and other achievements as well as your essay will be considered. We expect applicants to have completed a strong college preparatory program of study from an accredited high school/secondary school.
- If you have attended a postsecondary institution, such as a college or university, outside the United States, submit course by course credentials evaluated through one of the following evaluation services.
- Documents in languages other than English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
National28470 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 28470 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12280 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12280 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.