PSU's Special Education bachelor's degree is unique in that it offers preparation to teach students across a wide range of ages, including students age 3 through 21 and those who have more significant disabilities requiring extensive supports.
Our faculty bring students a wide range of expertise in special education including instructional methods such as autism, positive behavior supports, inclusion, assessment, early intervention/early childhood, transition to adulthood, and visual impairments.
Graduates of the Special Educator License + BA/BS program are eligible for an Oregon Preliminary Teaching License with an endorsement in Special Education. This license enables candidates to teach students ages three through 21 (grades pre-Kindergarten through 12th grade) with a wide range of disabilities.
The Special Education Bachelor's degree at Portland State University is accredited through the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP) and the state of Oregon's Teacher and Standards Practices Commission.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Legal Foundations of Special Education
- Classroom Assessment, Instruction, and Behavior Management
- Families and Advocacy
- Reading Assessment and Instruction
- Professional Practices Seminar
- Positive Behavior Support in the Classroom
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 3565 other Bachelors in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
National29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State10386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10386 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.