Forest management requires a consideration of the ecological, social and policy context of Oregon's forests, and this certificate will provide you with the foundation you need to understand and manage forests beyond traditional industrial forestry needs.
You'll graduate ready to work for local, state and federal agencies, the forest industry, non-industrial private landowners, environmental groups, nonprofits and non-governmental organizations.
Our graduates from the Forest Ecology and Management Certificate at Portland State University go on to forest ecology and forest management jobs with both public and private organizations such as the Oregon Departments of Forestry and Natural Resources, U.S. Forest Service, Bureau of Land Management, National Park Service, Peace Corps, forestry consulting firms, environmental organizations and forest timber and wood products industries.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Forest Ecology and Management Seminar
- Landscape Ecology
- Watershed Hydrology
- Forest Ecology
- Plant Ecology
- Population Ecology
- Watershed Biogeochemistry
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesNatural Resource Management Forestry Ecology View 129 other Bachelors in Natural Resource Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- To enroll as a freshman (first year), you must have completed secondary school or high school. Your education must be equivalent to United States secondary school or high school education.
- You must have a cumulative (overall) grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 when converted to the U.S. 4.0 grading scale.
- Meet the English Language Proficiency Requirement. You may be admitted to Portland State University and an Intensive English Language Program (IELP) pathway if you do not meet PSU's English Language Proficiency Requirement. Learn more about PSU’s English language programs.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year
National29286 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 29286 USD per year
In-State10386 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10386 USD per year
Living costs for Portland
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.