UNCW is an internationally recognized leader in coastal and marine science education and research, and the first university in the U.S. to offer a Bachelor of Science degree focused on coastal engineering.
The program leverages the university's expertise in earth and ocean sciences, physical oceanography and environmental science, as well as the regional and geographic distinctiveness of coastal North Carolina.
The Coastal Engineering program at University of North Carolina Wilmington focuses on foundational courses and specialized coursework in coastal engineering and marine sciences. Students have the opportunity to experience extensive field research in the area's waterways and coastal habitats under the direction of faculty scholars and access to state-of-the-art facilities, including the UNCW Center for Marine Science (CMS).
- Physics: Our faculty is engaged in cutting-edge physics research ranging from elementary particle physics to theoretical high energy physics.
- Physical Oceanography: Our faculty leads research in areas ranging from physical oceanography and cryospheric science to human-coastal interactions.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- College Writing and Reading
- Calculus/Analytic Geometry
- Physical Activity and Wellness
- Dredging and Beach Nourishment
- Coastal Wave Mechanics
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , Local
National First year
- Spring First-Year Deadline - October 15
- Fall Early Action (Non-Binding)- November 1
- Fall Regular Decision - February 1
DisciplinesEnvironmental Engineering General Engineering & Technology Marine Engineering View 61 other Masters in Marine Engineering in United States
- Non-refundable $80 application fee
- Essay & Short Answer
- Official Transcript
- Applicants must have a GPA of 2.5 or higher on a U.S. 4.0 scale to be considered for admission
- Transcripts from U.S. high schools or American schools outside the U.S. must be official, listing both courses and grades.
- Transcripts from schools outside the U.S. must be original or certified true copies, with original signatures on all transcripts and English translations. A certified true copy is one that bears an original signature of the registrar or other designated school official, an original impression of the institution's seal, or signature/seal of the examining board.
- Foreign transcripts may be sent directly from a certified translation service or from secondary school. Any transcripts delivered by the applicant will not be considered official unless they are sealed. Records should list subjects studied each year and the mark or grade or proficiency earned in each.
International18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9254 USD per semester during 48 months.
National18508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9254 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State4444 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2222 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.