Public relations involves managing relationships between organizations and their stakeholders. The Public Relations major will prepare students for careers in public relations and marketing communications.
The Public Relations major addresses both economic and societal issues, emphasizes the importance of market research, and includes experiential learning opportunities.
This Public Relations major at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Enjoy working with people
- Are a strong writer
- Are a creative thinker
- Have solid verbal and interpersonal skills
- Have an interest in the media
- Public relations specialist
- Media relations manager
- Marketing and communication specialist or manager
- Press secretary and campaign manager
- Social media coordinator
The public relations major is accredited by the national accrediting body of journalism and mass communication, the Accrediting Council on Education in Journalism and Mass Communications (ACEJMC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Media Analytics and Studio
- Mass Communication Fundamentals
- Basic Newswriting and Lab
- Data Analysis in Communication
- Video Production and Lab
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Relations View 2038 other Bachelors in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 48 months.
National372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 372 USD per credit during 48 months.
In-State257 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 257 USD per credit during 48 months.
Living costs for Brookings
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.