In today’s global economy, the ability to speak French is an extremely valuable skill. French is spoken on five continents, by over 220 million people in the world, and it is the official language in close to thirty different countries.
As a result, there is a demand for teachers of the French language—domestically and internationally.
As a foreign language, French is taught in the education systems of most countries around the world and is the second most widely learned foreign language in the world, with almost 120 million students and 500,000 teachers.
This French Studies - Teaching program at South Dakota State University will be a good fit if you:
- Want to gain proficiency in the French language
- Are interested in learning and teaching about cultures that speak French
- Enjoy being in a classroom environment
- Want to engage with diversity
- Want to work internationally with ESL (English as a Second Language) or FLE (French as a Foreign Language) teaching
- French teacher
- English as a second language teacher
- Museum coordinator
- Community outreach for non-profit organizations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Intermediate French
- French Language Skills
- Topics in Francophone Culture
- French Culture and Civilization
- Intermediate Oral Practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Language Studies Teaching View 1859 other Masters in Area & Cultural Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Completed online application Note: New and transferring international (F-1 visa) undergraduate students should be at least 17 years of age by the time they begin their studies at SDSU.
- Grade Point Average (GPA)
New undergraduate students should have the equivalent of a 2.6 GPA on a 4.0 scale in the US
Transfer students who have completed 30 or more credits at another US college or university should have a 2.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- Academic Records
- English Language Proficiency
- All new undergraduate students (not transfer students) are required to provide proof of their English language proficiency. Scores must be submitted within two years of taking the test. Students from certain countries and based on their educational background may not have to submit scores.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 372 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
National372 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 372 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
In-State257 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 257 USD per credit and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.