The hallmark of the pedagogical instruction and pragmatics is our focus on engaged, experiential learning that introduces and supports premiere instructional opportunities that orient and improve our students' development of sound learning communities, supporting classrooms of students of diverse populations and abilities. The faculty pride themselves in offering a variety of course content platforms, opportunities for student research, and community collaborations and partnerships.
Through the integration of content in general, special, and second language learning, candidates may earn certifications and endorsements with valued skills that make them highly qualified and marketable. Nationally-recognized research faculty teach undergraduate and graduate courses that prepare future educators in instruction and assessment, with a strong foundation in working with diverse, urban populations.
Educator candidates actively engage in unique practicum experiences in the Studio School Model for clinical practice. As Missouri's leader, the Special Education - Elementary Education (1-6) program from University of Missouri–St. Louis partners with 36 different public, private, and charter schools. As a College, we take great pride in preparing "community educators" who are well-experienced to impact all students in a wide variety of settings, and with a much broader understanding of education's role in society. Our candidates make a collective impact as faculty members in the differentiated staffing model. Sought after by partner districts and agencies, many of our graduates are hired directly into the studio schools or districts where they complete their clinical preparation.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mid-Level Clinical Experience - Diverse Learners
- Sociolinguistics and Communication in the Classroom
- Psychology of Learning, Instruction, & Assessment
- Inclusive Classroom
- Cross-Categorical Special Education
- Teaching Elementary Literacy in Inclusive Settings
- Teaching Elementary Mathematics in Inclusive Settings
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 454 other Masters in Special Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form - Refer to the international student application and $40 application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Official transcripts - Students in their last year of high school should submit transcripts for all years completed thus far. Students who have completed high school must submit final transcripts and degree certificates or exam results.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 23690 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
- Local: $371.40 per credit hour
- National: $999 per credit hour
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.