The impact of early learning experiences for children from birth through grade three is far reaching and the need for passionate qualified educators in Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education is growing. The Early Childhood undergraduate program is designed for students who are interested in obtaining Missouri teacher certification in both Early Childhood Education and Early Childhood Special Education. This degree prepares educators to work in the early childhood field in a variety of roles and a variety of contexts (i.e. classroom teachers in regular and inclusive settings, Center directors, and children’s organizations) and other positions that require certification within the public and private school systems.
The Early Childhood - Special Education (B-3) program from University of Missouri–St. Louis addresses the areas of child development, curriculum emergence and development, developmentally appropriate practice, differentiated learning, diversity, advocacy and family partnerships. Students have opportunities to apply their acquired knowledge in a variety of field and community based experiences offered as part of their professional course work from the very first courses. These experiences take place in a variety of community agencies including United Way organizations, St. Louis educational and cultural institutions, studio schools, the University Child Development Center (UCDC), and preschools and elementary schools in the metropolitan St. Louis area.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Community, Culture, & Learning in Education (FTS)
- Early Clinical Experience: Community Agency
- Becoming a Professional Educator
- Early Clinical Experience: Schools
- Teaching in American Schools
- Child and Adolescent Development
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 708 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application form - Refer to the international student application and $40 application fee
- Proof of English proficiency
- Official transcripts - Students in their last year of high school should submit transcripts for all years completed thus far. Students who have completed high school must submit final transcripts and degree certificates or exam results.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International23690 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23690 USD per year during 48 months.
- Local: $371.40 per credit hour
- National: $999 per credit hour
Living costs for Saint Louis
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.