Resources for careers include the American Political Science Association and the Network of Schools of Public Policy, Affairs, and Administration.
The courses in this Political Science, U.S. Government, Law, and Policy Concentration at Colorado State University educate students about the political processes and the legal environment of all levels of American government, as well as the processes of policymaking and the administrative apparatus used to implement public policy.
Students will also be exposed to a variety of substantive policy issues including urban policy, energy policy, and environmental policy in the United States. U.S. Government, Law, and Public Policy students are strongly encouraged to complete an internship in one of the many organizations in the broader community. Students in this concentration are also encouraged to participate in the Legislative Internship Program during their junior or senior years.
Students majoring in Political Science shall demonstrate the following:
- Ability to reason through political claims and assertions by political actors
- Skill in recognizing and responding to diverse ideological perspectives
- Ability to locate political issues and controversies within their relevant institutional and historical contexts
- Familiarity with the institutional processes of politics in numerous global and domestic political arenas
- Confidence in expressing opinions and presenting analyses of political problems and their solutions
Graduates may work for government agencies, nonprofits, community organizations, lobbying firms, elected office, political communication, research and policy analysts.
Other graduates will utilize their political science education to prepare for law and graduate schools. Past students have completed internships with a variety of law firms, the cities of Fort Collins, Windsor, Loveland, and Westminster, the Colorado General Assembly, and Woodward among others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- College Composition
- American Government and Politics
- State and Local Government and Politics
- International Relations
- Comparative Government and Politics
- Writing Arguments
- Writing in the Disciplines: Arts and Humanities
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Policy Political Science View 78 other Masters in International Law in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- $50 application fee
- Personal Statement
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.