This Data Science - Economics program from Colorado State University draws on the study of algorithms and their implementation from computer science, the power of abstraction and of geometric and topological formalism from mathematics, and the modeling and analysis of data from statistics.
It has emerged as a separate field in response to the avalanche of data from web enabled sensors and instrumentation, mobile devices, web logs and transactions, and the availability of computing power for data storage and analysis.
Modern data is challenging not only due to its large scale, but also because it is increasingly heterogeneous and unstructured. Information gleaned from this data none-the-less is revolutionizing diverse areas of human endeavor from health policy to high energy physics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Discrete Structures and their Applications
- Data Wrangling
- Linear Algebra for Data Science
- Gender in the Economy
- Intermediate Macroeconomics
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Mathematical Algorithms in Matlab
- Calculus for Physical Scientists
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEconomics Data Science & Big Data View 1335 other Masters in Economics in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 31712 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 12260 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.