The Biochemistry - Health and Medical Sciences concentration from Colorado State University is geared toward students interested in a number of health professions including, but not limited to, medicine, veterinary, dentistry, physician assistant and physical therapy.
Students will be able to:
- Describe the basic concepts of chemistry, biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, and cellular biology
- Critically analyze, and present the methods, results, and conclusions of scientific papers in the current biochemical literature, and orally present technical material in a clear and comprehensible form
- Use a variety of laboratory instruments and techniques, interpret experimental results, and design new experiments
- Demonstrate the ability to perform original research in biochemistry and molecular biology
Possible career opportunities include, but are not limited to: process research technician, production/quality assurance lab technician, biomedical/pharmaceutical researcher or salesperson, molecular biologist, biophysicist, cytologist, toxicologist, crime scene investigator, industrial hygienist, dairy technologist, environmental analyst, hygienist, chemist, wastewater treatment chemist, food and drug inspector, museum technician, teacher, writer, fisheries biologist, research analyst, and medical or clinical lab technologist.
Many biochemistry majors go on to earn higher degrees in graduate school or health care related professional schools, leading to careers in medicine, veterinary medicine, pharmacy, or law.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Principles of Human Physiology
- Fundamentals of Physiology
- Modern Organic Chemistry
- Introductory Eukaryotic Cell Biology
- Introductory Cell Biology Laboratory
- General Physics
- Physics for Scientists and Engineers
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Health Sciences Biochemistry View 2542 other Masters in Biology in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All first-year freshman students will submit an application using the Common Application. Your application will be reviewed after we receive all of the required items.
- Transcripts: Submit your most recent transcripts or mark sheets. We will ask for additional materials if necessary. Only transcripts sent directly from the school or stamped and sealed are considered official.
- Personal statement: Your personal statement, commonly called an essay, is your opportunity to help us understand what makes you unique beyond your grades and transcripts. Your personal statement will be reviewed during your admission decision, for consideration for any competitive majors, and for financial aid decisions.
- Recommendation: One recommendation from a counselor or teacher is required.
- English proficiency test results
- Immigration documents (for international students)
- ACT or SAT results (optional for international students)
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
National31712 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31712 USD per year during 48 months.
In-State12260 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12260 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Fort Collins
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.