Students will study the evolution of media in concert with new cinematic technologies, from the work of early innovators such as Laszlo Moholy-Nagy, through the pioneering experiments in information theory embodied by thinkers such as Claude Shannon, Norbert Wiener and Vannevar Bush, and on to the experiments of artists and designers working with interactivity, immersion, stereoscopy and performance for over a century.
University of Southern California students will also learn how to understand the relationship among media forms, emerging technologies and culture, and how to author in diverse media platforms for both critical and creative practice. The Media Arts and Practice major is ideal for students who are interested in the expanded array of cinematic technologies that can be used for the creative and critical expression of ideas, as well as those who want to develop skills in visual communication for use in diverse fields.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Reality Starts Here
- The Languages of Digital Media
- Fundamentals of Media Design
- Critical Thinking and Procedural Media
- Race, Class and Gender in Digital Culture
- Reading and Writing the Web
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMedia Management Media Studies & Mass Media View 780 other Masters in Media Studies & Mass Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Official Test Scores
- Transcripts: First-year applicants should submit official transcripts of all high school and college coursework completed.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation: One letter is required from either your school counselor or a teacher from your school. Applicants to the School of Cinematic Arts must submit three letters of recommendation.
- Portfolio, resumé and/or additional writing samples: if required by major. Performance majors may also require auditions. Refer to the Additional Application Requirements section, below, for more information.
- Submit your fall grades (when available)
International57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National57256 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 57256 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.