The curriculum examines global threats to public safety and prepares students for the management aspect of this field. Graduates know how to plan for and manage disasters through coursework that:
- Provides a strong foundation of knowledge regarding public safety issues
- Equips students with the tools to develop leadership skills
- Teaches effective communication for high-risk situations
- Develops critical thinking skills regarding important issues in public safety
Students will have the opportunity for service-based learning to further develop core competencies in the field. The Homeland Security and Emergency Management degree program offered by Mercer University also targets adult learners who work in the homeland security and emergency response arena.
Choose from intriguing career options in homeland security and emergency response
Homeland security and emergency response professionals often find employment in government and nonprofit agencies. Graduates of Mercer’s bachelor’s degree can work in a variety of positions such as:
- Air Marshal
- Border Patrol Agent
- CIA Analyst or Officer
- Customs and Border Protection Officer
- Disaster Engagement Specialist
- Disaster Services Analyst
- Emergency Management Planner
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Emergency Response Coordinator
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Agent
- Foundations of Leadership
- Budgeting for Nonfinancial Leaders
- Organizational Communication
- The Effects of Disaster on Society
- Forensic Behavior
- Intelligence Gathering and Dissemination
- Ethics and Public Safety
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement Studies Emergency & Disaster Management Terrorism & Security View 30 other Bachelors in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application: Mercer University offers two ways to apply for admission: The Common Application or the Mercer Application.
- Standardized Test Scores: Submit your official SAT score(s) and/or ACT score(s), if your native language or language of instruction is English. Submit an official TOEFL score of at least 80 or an IELTS score of at least 6.5, if your native language or language of instruction is not English.
- Official School Transcript(s): Ask your school counselor to send us your official secondary school report(s) or high school transcript(s), translated in English. Upon admission, submit a course-by-course evaluation of transcript(s), including Grade Point Average, translated in English by World Education Services (WES) or Josef Silny & Associates.
- Letter of Recommendation: We want to hear from one of your high school teachers or counselors about your work ethic, school engagement, academic achievement, and more, translated in English
International38746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38746 USD per year during 48 months.
National38746 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 38746 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.