At Peace, Conflict, and Social Justice Studies from Bryn Mawr College students can also explore courses in the humanities and natural sciences through which issues of peace, conflict, social justice, and/or human rights can be highlighted and traced. The concentration offers students the opportunity to sustain a thematic focus across disciplinary boundaries and to enrich their major program in the process.
Students at Peace, Conflict, and Social Justice Studies from Bryn Mawr College will gain knowledge in:
- intra-state and international causes of conflict;
- cooperative and competitive strategies of negotiation and bargaining;
- intergroup relations and the role of culturally constituted institutions and practices in conflict management;
- social movements;
- protests and revolutions;
- the role of religion in social conflict and its mitigation;
- human rights and transitional justice in post conflict societies;
- The Atlantic World 1492-1800
- Democracy and Development
- Peace, Justice and Human Rights
- Crime or Punishment: Russian Narratives of Incarceration
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesInternational Relations Political Science Terrorism & Security View 976 other Bachelors in International Relations in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application or Coalition Application (fee waived when submitted online)
- Bryn Mawr Writing Supplement
- School report including official transcripts (Homeschool and Alternative Education requirements)
- Two teacher recommendations
- School Counselor recommendation
- Mid-year report
- If your mid-year report is not available until after Jan. 15, we will still accept your application if the rest of your file is complete. We do require your mid-year report in order to issue a final decision.
- Standardized test results
- Final report
- Early Decision Agreement (if applicable)
International58000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58000 USD per year during 48 months.
National58000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 58000 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Ardmore
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.