Nursing (Four Year BSN) students at the University of Kentucky graduate with a solid foundation of nursing knowledge obtained through a combination of classroom, laboratory, and supervised clinical setting instruction. The College of Nursing fosters a diverse and inclusive learning environment for all students while promoting health and health care services in our local and global communities.
What You'll Study:
Learning may take place in the classroom, a laboratory or a supervised clinical setting where you receive hands-on learning experience from top nurse leaders in the College. Undergraduate nursing students have the option to enroll as nursing practice interns, nursing research interns or nursing skills lab interns to enrich their understanding of a topic of interest to them.
Grow Your Future:
Our B.S.N. program is carefully designed with our students’ best interests in mind. Our nurses enter the field as adaptable leaders in a variety of settings, including:
Career opportunities in Nursing:
You can apply until:
Always verify the dates on the programme website. programme website.
You only need to take one of these language tests:
Minimum required score:
The TOEFL iBT ® measures your English-language abilities in an academic setting. The test has four sections (reading, listening, speaking, and writing), each with a score range of 0-30, for a total score range of 0-120. Read more about TOEFL iBT ®.Schedule TOEFL®
Minimum required score:
The TOEFL®PBT is administered in a paper format and measures your ability to use and understand English in a classroom setting at the college or university level. It accurately measures how well you can listen, read and write in English while performing academic tasks. Read more about TOEFL®PBT.Schedule TOEFL®
Minimum required score:
The IELTS – or the International English Language Test System – tests your English-language abilities (writing, listening, speaking, and reading) on a scale of 1.00–9.00. The minimum IELTS score requirement refers to which Overall Band Score you received, which is your combined average score. Read more about IELTS.Schedule IELTS
1. UK International Application for Undergraduate Admission or Common Application
2. $60 non-refundable application processing fee
3. Official Transcripts: All secondary school and college/university level transcripts must be submitted for review. The transcripts must be official and in your native language. You will also need to provide another official transcript that has been translated into English by your secondary school or college/university. College/university transcripts from institutions outside of the United States will be evaluated for transfer credit by our office. To ensure that you receive the most transfer credit possible, you may choose to have your transcripts evaluated by a professional credential evaluation agency. The University of Kentucky recommends World Education Services (WES.) Please visit WES website for details and instructions and list the University of Kentucky as the receiving institution.
4. Course Descriptions or Syllabi for transfer applicants: Transfer applicants are required to provide course descriptions or syllabi in both native language and in English translation for all the courses on your transcript. They must be on official letterhead from all of the institutions that you have attended. If admitted, this will allow our Transfer Equivalency Office to begin the course evaluation process before you arrive on campus. (PHOTOCOPIES, SCANNED IMAGES, OR FAXES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED).
5. Bank Statement on bank letterhead is required. We will accept scanned or faxed copies of the official bank statement or an original bank statement. Please show an available balance in U.S. dollars of $42,500 if applying for the 2018 Spring and Fall Semesters. Fees are subject to change.
6. Complete the Sponsor Guarantee Form
7. English Proficiency: The University of Kentucky accepts official TOEFL and IELTS results from the testing headquarters. The minimum TOEFL score of 71 (iBT), 197 (cbt) or 527 (paper-based) or a minimum score of 6.0 on the IELTS is required for admission to the University of Kentucky. To order official scores, please contact: TOEFL UK's Office of Undergraduate Admission TOEFL code is 1234.
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
The University of Kentucky offers several scholarships to students with an outstanding record of academic excellence:
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Together with the ISIC Association and British Council IELTS, Studyportals offers you the chance to receive up to £10000 to expand your horizon and study abroad. We want to ultimately encourage you to study abroad in order to experience and explore new countries, cultures and languages.
Compare your wishlisted programmes with our new Comparison tool!
Did you know you can compare your wishlisted programmes with our new Comparison tool?