At Film History from Sarah Lawrence College students seek artistic value equally in Hollywood films, art films, avant-garde films, and documentaries, with emphasis on understanding the intentions of filmmakers and appreciating their creativity.
Graduates with Film History from Sarah Lawrence College will:
- explore of connections to the other arts, such as painting and literature.
- apply their knowledge of film to creative projects.
- gain insight into stylistic techniques and how they shape meaning.
- gain superb background in the history of film and a basis for sound critical judgment.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Film Noir and Postwar Malaise
- New Hollywood Cinema
- Italian Cinema
- Maghrebi Cinema: From Independence to the Arab Spring
- Contemporary European Cinema
- Spanish Film From the Civil War to the Present: Buñuel, Saura, Almodóvar, and Beyond
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media History View 695 other Masters in Film, Photography & Media in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application
- School Report & Transcripts. Transcripts must be translated to English, and the original language document must also be provided.
- TOEFL/IELTS (for international applicants)
- Applicants for whom English is not the native language should take the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL). We also accept the International English Language Testing System (IELTS).
- Two letters of recommendation from academic teachers.
- Standardized tests (such as the ACT and SAT), interviews, and artistic supplements are optional.
International56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
National56020 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 56020 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.