Through field observations and hands-on teaching experiences, the students will receive clear guidance to develop their own teaching skills and philosophies. Students are encouraged to take the teacher certification exam during their course of studies at UMBC, though are not required to do so.
The Music Education (Choral) program at University of Maryland Baltimore County uniquely combines courses from both the music and the education departments to provide a comprehensive overview of theories and practices in both fields. Faculty specializations include studio teaching, aesthetic education and extensive outreach activities. Special opportunities exist in the form of internships and fellowships.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- K-12 Instrumental Methods
- General Music Methods
- String Methods
- Arts in Education
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic View 2108 other Masters in Music in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- A completed UMBC Undergraduate Admissions Application
- A $75 nonrefundable application fee.
- An official or attested copy of your current high school transcript/academic record including an English translation.
- Official results of completion of state/national secondary school examinations.
- A final high school transcript/leaving certificate upon completion of your senior year.
- All non-native English speakers must submit official test scores
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International24338 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12169 USD per semester during 48 months.
National24338 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 12169 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State8704 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4352 USD per semester during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.