International Studies from Oglethorpe University is part politics, part economic, part foreign language, part cultural study: the International Studies major is truly interdisciplinary, providing students with a rock-solid foundation for careers in an increasingly globalized world.
Along with a broad overview of international relations, you can also choose a specific location to study in detail. Oglethorpe offers particular strengths in the area of Asian politics, with a number of courses devoted to European and Latin American politics and history as well.
Make sure your passport is up-to-date, as every International Studies major is required to study abroad. Thanks to Oglethorpe’s partnerships with a variety of overseas learning institutions, you’ll have a number of affordable, accessible options for life-changing adventures and world exploration.
Life After Oglethorpe
- Interested in working for the Foreign Service? A degree in International Studies is an excellent first step.
- Many graduates also go on to pursue a Master in International Affairs, further enhancing their career prospects.
- One alum attended the School of Advanced International Studies at Johns Hopkins, and is now a Foreign Service officer specializing in China.
- International Business
- Economic Development
- Franco-American Relations in Trade and Culture
- The Age of World War- Europe 1914-1945
- Russian History Since 1861
- United States Foreign Policy
- Comparative Politics of China and Japan
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
It’s never too late to apply Regular Decision: It’s quick. Apply anytime and you will receive your admission decision on a rolling basis
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 803 other Bachelors in International Business in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Oglethorpe University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Online Application for Admission
- Official Transcripts
- Proof of Language Proficiency
- F-1 Visa Requirements
- Declaration of Finances
- Recommendation Letter
- Application Fee
International43710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43710 USD per year during 48 months.
National43710 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 43710 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Atlanta
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.