Students also have opportunities each year to visit Spanish speaking countries to immerse themselves in the language and the culture through Southern Virginia’s Travel Study program, including service and medical missions. Spanish is the second most widely spoken language in the world, and is the official language of more countries than any other language except English. And it is only growing in its importance on the national and world stage.
Majoring in Spanish at Southern Virginia University is a gateway to interests in a broad range of disciplines including anthropology, international studies, history, Latin American and Iberian studies, comparative literature, economics, environmental studies, humanities, and political science, education, politics, foreign service, the helping professions, travel and tourism, communication, among many.
Students majoring in these or other areas, as well as those considering a career in medicine or law, are encouraged to consider Spanish as one of two majors.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Spanish Grammar and Writing
- Spanish Phonetics and Pronunciation
- Introduction to Spanish Literature
- Culture of Spain
- Culture of Spanish America
- Latin American Politics
- Advanced Spanish Grammar
- Topics in Spanish
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLanguage Studies View 2961 other Bachelors in Language Studies in United States
- Students outside of the United States and Canada are required to pay a non-refundable $255 administration fee. This fee will be fully applied to their first semester of tuition. The application cannot be accepted until this fee is paid.
- In addition to their transcript, students applying to Southern Virginia from outside the U.S. or Canada are required to submit to the university an evaluation of foreign academic credits by a recognized foreign credential evaluation service as part of their application process.
- All international students whose primary language is not English are required to submit scores from the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) before being accepted by Southern Virginia University. The TOEFL score serves as an academic performance indicator similar to the ACT or SAT.
International17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 48 months.
National17696 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8848 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Buena Vista
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.