The Early Childhood Education program of Southwest Minnesota State University is offered on campus and in off-campus 2+2 distance learning programs. The Department also offers Elementary Education with an optional endorsement in pre-primary education or in grades 5-8 (Communication Arts/Literature, Mathematics, Science, Social Science, World Languages & Cultures/Spanish). A non-licensure minor in Special Education is also available. Secondary candidates earn a Bachelor of Science degree through their content area departments. Education courses are offered in sequence. Core classes are completed in the freshman and sophomore years. Upper level courses are taken in the junior and senior years after admission to the Teacher Education Program.
Early Childhood Education Program graduates are prepared to provide developmentally appropriate activities for infants, toddlers, preschool and primary grade children. Private pre-school, childcare, Head Start, Early Childhood Family Education, kindergarten, and primary grade teaching are possible career directions. Early Childhood Education is an emerging field with the potential for leadership positions in higher education as well as in agencies that provide support to families and children, such as Head Start and other childcare resource and referral agencies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Introduction to Child Growth & Development
- Play & Creative Activities & Lab
- Kindergarten Methods & Materials
- Curriculum, Methods, & Assessments in Early Childhood & Lab
- Infants and Toddlers
- Introduction to Special Needs and Lab
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 1174 other Bachelors in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete your entire application online and to send your documents to us either by mail or electronically upload them
- Evidence that they have completed their secondary education within their home country (usually 12 years) and be entitled to acceptance into the universities in their home countries
- You would have to complete your visa application from your home country
International7720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3860 USD per semester during 48 months.
National7720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3860 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for Marshall
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.