Broad — You will receive a broad perspective to prepare you to work in a rapidly changing media environment. Because of the paraprofessional nature of this program and the balance of practical and theoretical aspects of media work, Cedarville University Broadcasting, Digital Media, and Journalism graduates have excelled in careers across all media forms.
Customizable — You can choose from three concentration areas to customize your degree to your career interests. Choose from:
- Digital Film and Video — Digital film and video production is a hands-on approach to producing visual stories using the latest digital film equipment and software editing platforms that will impact an audience in a specific way. Emphasis is placed on story first, then technique. The courses are taught from four unique perspectives: the writer, the producer, the director, and the editor. You will leave this program with the confidence that you can handle any type of film or video production, whether it is for a church ministry, a professional promotional production, or a feature-length film. Our mission is to do "God's will, God's way" in reaching our world for Christ through the medium of film and television.
- Digital Radio and Audio — The digital radio and audio concentration is designed to prepare you for careers in on-air and/or production work for terrestrial or internet radio stations. The audio concentration will also prepare you to serve in audio production facilities for television, film, music, and program production. You will also gain knowledge and skills in live sound setup and operation.
- Integrated Digital Media — The integrated digital media emphasis will allow you to choose courses that fit your future employment goals. You will work closely with your adviser to map out a strategic plan for your years at Cedarville. You will benefit from the core classes in the broadcasting and digital media major, dive a bit deeper into audio and video studies, and then work with your adviser to craft a major that will fit your performance goals. Jobs in this area of study include, but are not limited, to:
- 3D animation
- Digital media consulting
- Interactive media
- Motion graphics
- New media development
- Journalism — Cedarville’s journalism emphasis follows a multiplatform approach to journalism. Multiplatform journalism involves a radical change in approach and mindset among journalists and their managers. It involves a shared assignment desk where the key people and the multimedia assignment editors assess each news event on its merits and send the most appropriate people to the story. Multiplatform coverage is driven by the significance of the news event. Depending on variables unique to each country and company, producing multiplatform content is one of the most likely scenarios for media organizations around the world, and we can help you prepare for it!
- Advanced Cinematography and Lighting
- Multiplatform Journalism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
National students - Cedarville University follows a rolling admissions process
DisciplinesFilm, Photography & Media Journalism View 572 other Bachelors in Journalism in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Evidence of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ
- A consistent Christian lifestyle as confirmed by a church leader
- A 3.0 weighted, cumulative grade point average in college-preparatory course work through the end of the most recent term prior to enrollment
International34498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34498 USD per year during 48 months.
National34498 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 34498 USD per year during 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.