Criminology and Criminal Justice has evolved to the point that it’s not enough to be good at solving crimes — law enforcement agencies want graduates who can help prevent crime and reduce recidivism with innovative programs and research. We take that approach with the Criminology and Criminal Justice program of York College of Pennsylvania, giving you the theory and the critical thinking you’ll need to pursue a professional career in Criminology and Criminal Justice or graduate study.
Hands-on experience is crucial. We have great relationships in the community to help get you volunteer placements for career experience and specialized training. We take that one step further and require an internship, too. There are so many ways for you to get involved no matter what you want to pursue after graduation. Want to specialize in cybercrime, corrections, forensics or another area? It’s all here, led by published faculty with terminal degrees.
Your future in Criminology and Criminal Justice
We prepare you to have 21st century criminology and criminal justice professional skills: computer literacy, refined critical thinking skills, ever-resourceful problem solvers, and knowledgeable of the research, statistics, and literature available to help you do your job. The result? Our graduates have been hired far and wide:
- Corrections: Berks Women in Crisis, sheriff’s departments, the Commonwealth of PA Department of Corrections, Dauphin County Adult Probation, law offices and Homeland Security.
- Law enforcement: Adams County Prison, the PA State Correctional Institution, the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Justice Network, Naval Criminal Investigative Service and the NYC Police Department.
- Judicial/Agencies: Adams Court Courthouse, Amtrak Police, Children’s Home of York, Delaware River Port Authority, Exelon Nuclear at Three Mile Island and the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Security: Gulf Stream Aerospace Technology, Jet Blue, Lockheed Martin, the New Jersey State Parole Board, the United States Pretrial Services Office and Value City Loss Prevention.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Criminal Justice
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Ethical Issues in Criminal Justice
- Law Enforcement
- Criminal Law
- Judicial Process
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National students - we have ongoing enrollment available right now
DisciplinesCriminal Law Criminology View 496 other Bachelors in Criminology in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for admission must be submitted online
- Official Copy of Secondary School grade report (high school transcript) along with a certified English translation if needed
- Evidence of English language proficiency (for Non-Native English speakers)
International19670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9835 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9835 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.