Civil Engineering offers you the opportunity to get involved in either traditional civil engineering or one geared toward environmental engineering for those interested in sustainable design. At the Civil Engineering program of York College of Pennsylvania, you'll get experience in the field to go with personalized instruction, and there will be no shortage of student design projects to get you excited and grow your expertise.
You'll have three semesters of full-time cooperative work experience — just think of how confident you'll feel as a York College graduate with that on your resume. Guiding you along the way is a group of dedicated, talented, and passionate faculty who focus solely on undergraduates, so you'll have their undivided attention.
Your future in Civil Engineering
- According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, the demand for engineers will increase by 20 percent between now and 2022. You'll be trained for possible careers such as:
- Structural engineering – focusing on the design of various structures including roads, bridges, buildings, tunnels, canals, and dams.
- Environmental engineering – concerned with prevention, control, and remediation of various contaminants and wastes and with the design of green buildings and sustainable systems.
- Transportation engineering – focusing on the design, planning and construction of transportation systems.
- Geotechnical engineering – working with the earth, rock and soil that supports all structures.
- Water resource engineering – dealing with water storage, distribution, and treatment facilities including dams, canals, water distribution systems, and wastewater treatment facilities.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- General Chemistry
- Sustainable Engineering
- Civil Engineering Site Design
- Infrastructure Engineering
- Transportation Engineering
- Structural Analysis
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
National students - we have ongoing enrollment available right now
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction View 491 other Bachelors in Civil Engineering & Construction in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Application for admission must be submitted online
- Official Copy of Secondary School grade report (high school transcript) along with a certified English translation if needed
- Evidence of English language proficiency (for Non-Native English speakers)
International19670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9835 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19670 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9835 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for York
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.