The Marketing at Otterbein University remains one of the most unique majors in the country. The major provides a student-directed, student-led experience through all of its courses. Students hone their analytical, design, presentation and writing skills. The major prepares students for careers in advertising, sales, brand management, retail management, advertising, generalist marketing positions and graduate study.
Course selections within the major include Principles of Marketing, Advertising and Promotion, Research in Behavioral Theories, Marketing Strategy, and a variety of electives directed at meeting your personal goals. The curriculum remains flexible enough for you to minor or major in another business discipline such as International Business and Management or Marketing Analytics.
Otterbein’s location in Westerville and its proximity to the Central Ohio business community serves the marketing students well. Representatives from area fast food organizations, apparel retailers, and digital agencies can easily drive to campus for events, be involved in courses and serve as guest speakers. Department faculty host an annual young alumni career panel during the fall semester and an annual digital analytics career panel during spring semester. At these events, students learn about finding internships and jobs, workplace expectations, and a variety of career paths available to marketing majors.
Additionally, the Retail Management course involves an area retailer where students develop and present a location analysis as part of a proposed expansion. In the Sales course, sales representatives and other representatives from digital agencies and departments listen to and critique students’ presentations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Course projects included:
- Sale – Selling an actual product for a client to area businesses
- Principles of Marketing – Simulated market competition and decisions, marketing engineering cases
- Research in Behavioral Theorie – Marketing research project
- Marketing Analytics – Semester long case study
- Retail Management – Location analysis project for a client
- Integrated Marketing Communications – MarketingEDGE national competition
- Digital Marketing – Web-based RealDeal Simulation
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesMarketing Commerce View 44 other Bachelors in Commerce in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application, including essay.
- $50 Application fee.
- Official transcripts/documents for four years of high school/secondary school (grades 9-12).
- Official Bank Statement(s) and Sponsor Guarantee form.
- Copy of passport and current visa (if applicable).
- All test scores must be reported directly from the testing center.
- Foreign language documents must be translated into English by the issuing institution, a certified translator or English teacher.
- SAT and ACT test scores and letters of recommendation are optional and may be submitted if they strengthen your application.
International32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
National32624 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32624 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Westerville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.