The program emphasizes specialized studio practice, the development of critical storytelling skills and proficiency in visual literacy.
By integrating theory and practice, the moving-image production program produces filmmakers with critical-thinking skills and independent voices who will bring new vision to the film industry, independent cinema, and visual culture.
The Moving - Image Production major from The Ohio State University prepares students for a range of careers or graduate studies in filmmaking.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Students accepted to the moving-image production major complete 38 credits in the major, plus 15 credits in the required film studies minor.
- Required courses for the major include Production Mode Studios, Senior Project I & II, Cinema Today, and six credits of electives at the 2000 level or above, including credit from pre-approved study abroad and/or internships.
- Students can take a wide variety of courses in fields such as art, languages and cultures, comparative studies, history of art, dance, design, film studies, comparative studies, film studies, theatre, and women’s, gender and sexuality, as well as offerings from the Advanced Computing Center for the Arts and Design (ACCAD) and the Wexner Center for the Arts.
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesVisual Arts View 1958 other Masters in Visual Arts in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Successful completion of university preparatory courses
- High school performance (class rank or GPA), including participation in accelerated programs like Honors, AP and IB; Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for class rank or GPA
- Standardized test score (ACT or SAT); Ohio State does not have minimum requirements for ACT or SAT scores
- Ability and desire to contribute to and engage with a diverse campus community
- Experiences that demonstrate leadership or engaged involvement(e.g., co-curricular activities, work experiences or military service)
- Status as a first-generation university student
- High school performance if adversely affected by physical, mental or learning environment factors
International36430 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 36430 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National33502 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 33502 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
In-State11508 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 11508 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.