The Law, Justice and Society program offered by the Libscomp University looks at the legal system as a vehicle for bringing about social change. By blending LJS course offerings with classes from a variety of academic areas including psychology, sociology, history, political science, business, Bible, and communications, students explore how laws impact society. As a result, students wanting to make a difference in the world discover ways they can institute legal change for resulting social change, and vice versa. Students will also critically analyze the notions of equality, justice and fairness.
Students majoring in Law, Justice & Society can earn either a Bachelor of Science or a Bachelor of Arts degree. The major requires the completion of 45 hours specific to the Law, Justice & Society program. In addition to the specific required classes for all Law, Justice & Society majors, students must select an emphasis area for the remaining 12 hours in the program. Each emphasis is comprised of numerous classes from which students may select.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Society and the Law
- Introduction to American Law
- Dispute Resolution
- Legal Research and Reasoning
- Influencing Change through Civic Engagement
- Conflict Management
- International Conflict Management
- Ethics and the Laws of Compliance
- Law in the Global Community
- Mediation: Process, Skills and Theory
- Senior Research Project
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesInternational Law Public Law View 84 other Masters in International Law in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete an application
- Submit your application essay and schedule an interview.
- Send your official transcripts
- You’ll need to take one of the following tests: ACT, SAT, TOEFL or IELTS. If English is not your first language, we recommend that you take the TOEFL or IELTS. If you are a native English speaker or if your education up to this point has been in English, we recommend the SAT or ACT. Your results must be sent to the university directly from the testing service.
International32080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32080 USD per year during 48 months.
National32080 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 32080 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Nashville
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.