Through this special program, qualified students who major in psychology or behavioral science can receive teacher certification in Early Childhood or Childhood Education.
A key feature of this Bachelor/Master of Science in Psychology and Childhood Education, Grades 1-6 at Mercy College New York allows students to take up to 15 graduate education credits during their junior and senior years. These credits can be used toward satisfying their bachelor's as well as master's degree requirements. Combining undergraduate and graduate degree programs streamlines the teacher preparation program and enables students to achieve teacher certification on an accelerated basis reducing the time and cost needed to earn a master's degree.
Mercy is the first institution in the United States to be awarded initial national accreditation by:
- the National Council for the Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE)
- the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Professionals (CAEP).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Edu Fnd Diverse Perspectives
- Fndtns Educ Sdnts w/Dsblts
- Tchng English as 2nd Lang
- Aprchs Lit: EChldhd-Adolescenc
- Wrk w/Prnts/Famls Erl Chld-Chl
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Psychology Early Childhood Education View 753 other Bachelors in Early Childhood Education in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Students must submit a high school transcript for their application to be reviewed. We will accept either an unofficial or official transcript. Students are able to upload these transcripts through our student portal.
- An official final high school transcript (provided by the high school to Mercy College), which includes all secondary school grades, class rank and date of graduate must be submitted prior to enrollment.
- Students whose transcripts are unavailable should consult with an admissions counselor. Or, the applicant can provide a High School Equivalency Diploma, if applicable, with corresponding score sheet.
International19578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9789 USD per semester during 48 months.
National19578 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9789 USD per semester during 48 months.
Living costs for New York City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.