With training in research, writing and analysis, the majors of the European History program at Salve Regina University are well prepared for graduate work as well as a variety of careers in such fields as education, government, museum studies and business.
While we emphasize American and European history, students learn to appreciate our multicultural world through a variety of courses on non-Western regions. We encourage majors to immerse themselves in other cultures through study abroad programs in such diverse locations as Italy, Egypt, France and Senegal.
Closer to home, we take full advantage of our location in Newport, a leading seaport in the Colonial and Revolutionary eras and a favorite summer destination for the wealthy during the Gilded Age. From courses on the religious history of Newport to internship opportunities at historical societies, archives and museums, we offer unique, hands-on learning experiences in a living historical environment.
Students may also choose to double major in history and secondary education, which prepares them to apply for Rhode Island teacher certification for grades 7-12.
Life After Salve
A degree in European History develops students' analytical abilities and strengthens their research and writing skills. Our curriculum prepares students for graduate programs, law school and a variety of career paths.
In the Workforce
- Teaching: Graduates teach at the high school or middle school level, in public and private schools.
- Museums, archives and public history: Graduates are working in museums, historical societies and libraries.
- Public service and government: Graduates have served in federal and state agencies along with political organizations.
- Business: Graduates work in banks, the insurance industry, information technology companies and real estate agencies.
- History of the United States to 1877
- Europe 1789-1914
- Europe 1914-1990s
- The Historian's Craft
- Historical Research Methods
- Senior Thesis Capstone
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , National
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory European Studies View 2317 other Bachelors in History in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Common Application.
- $50 application fee.
- Official high school transcript, including grades from the senior year.
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a school counselor and one from the teacher of your choice).
- Personal essay.
- SAT/ACT scores (our CEEB code is 3759).
- Two letters of recommendation are required, one from a college counselor/advisor and the other from a teacher who has taught you in an academic subject, such as English, mathematics, science or social studies.
International44200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44200 USD per year during 48 months.
National44200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 44200 USD per year during 48 months.
Living costs for Newport
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.