Students investigate many areas, including journalism, media in society, and media law. Graduates often pursue careers in broadcasting, sports marketing, news, and video production.
The Mass Communication concentration at Meredith College offers a liberal arts curriculum focusing on the functions and effects of the mass media. Students investigate many areas, including journalism, media in society, and media law. Students must complete 23-24 hours of core requirements and 18 hours of mass communication concentration courses, for a total of 41-42 hours. The concentration requires one writing intensive course, an internship and a minimum of six hours at the 300 or 400 levels.
Graduates of Meredith’s communication program frequently go on to graduate school in communication, psychology, social work or law school. Others hold professional positions with leading employers such as:
- Executive Team Leader for Human Resources
- Virtual Sales Account Manager at Cisco
- Graduate work, MBA
- Partner Program Administrator at Cisco
- Professional School Counselor
- Media Services Assistant
- Contracts Manager at Blackboard
- Marketing Communications Manager
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Introduction to Public Relations
- Public Speaking
- Interpersonal Communication
- Introduction to Mass Communication
- Career Planning and Portfolio
- Communication Research Methods
- Communication Internship
- Senior Seminar
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences Media Studies & Mass Media View 1060 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Complete fully and return the Meredith College application for admission, along with the $40 application fee.
- Have the appropriate school official(s) forward an official copy of the secondary-school record, complete with a listing of courses taken, grades obtained, credit received and rank in class; college or university transcript(s) if the student has taken any advanced work
- If the student’s native language or primary language of instruction is English, take the Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) of The College Board.
- Send a school official recommendation and an academic teacher recommendation.
- Students who are submitting university transcripts must also provide an independent course-by-course evaluation
International39952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39952 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
National39952 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 39952 USD per year and a duration of 48 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.