At Textile and Surface Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY you will combine artistic ability, technical skills, and creative innovation, while learning how to take a design from conception to product. When you graduate, you will join a growing network of successful alumni, who connect you to the industry and to job opportunities in the many aspects of this global field.
Graduates with Textile and Surface Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will:
- independently research, evaluate, and analyze cultural and aesthetic trends, both historical and contemporary, on textile surface design products and use information to develop creative and sophisticated design concepts;
- think critically, including the ability to evaluate visual information and compare diverse perspectives as well as come to independent, sophisticated conclusions and interpret information to produce original designs for appropriate textile and surface design markets;
- apply comprehensive textile design skills to design textiles through painting, weaving, screen printing, knit, and demonstrate intermediate or advanced skills in drawing, repeat creation, and color application;
- apply intermediate level computer skills to complement traditional design skills and develop original designs using CAD as a tool including professional technical preparation of designs for production;
- communicate ideas and articulate project concepts using visual, oral, and written presentation skills at a professional level, including the use of appropriate industry vocabulary; and
- identify and discuss global and cultural issues affecting the textile/surface design industry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Photoshop and Illustrator
- Complex Dobby Wovens
- Tabletop and Related Products
- History of Textile Design
- Jacquard Design
- Applied Surface Design for the Home
- Textile Applications: Home Products
- Digital Knit Design
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
91-123 if you choose 2 year AAS option
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 937 other Bachelors in Design in United States
- File the SUNY Application Online
- Admissions Essay
- School Transcripts
- English Proficiency
- U.S. equivalency of your credential(s)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) strong B average
- An English translation for all documents, where applicable
International15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 36 months.
National15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 36 months.
In-State5290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2645 USD per semester during 36 months.
- State Residents: $3585 per semester
- Out-of-state residents: $10,846 per semester
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.