Interior Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY combines the academic study of the history and theory of interior design with practical, hands-on projects. You'll collaborate with leading practitioners in New York City, the design capital of the world.
Graduates with Interior Design from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY will demonstrate:
- global perspective for design that assures that their future decisions are developed within the parameters of ecological, socio-economic, and cultural contexts;
- understanding of behavioral science and human factors;
- knowledge of all aspects of the design process, that enables them to identify and explore complex problems and generate creative solutions that support human behavior within the interior environment;
- ability to engage in multi-disciplinary collaborations and consensus building;
- ability to effectively communicate using a variety of communication techniques and technologies appropriate to a range of purposes and audiences;
- understanding and commitment to ethical and accepted standards of professional practice, professional development and industry, the value of their contributions to the built environment;
- knowledge of interiors, architecture, art, and the decorative arts historical and cultural contexts;
- ability to apply elements and principles of two- and three-dimensional design, and color principles and theories;
- Interior Design Studio
- Lighting Design
- Design Technology
- Specialized Writing and Thesis Preparation
- History, Theory and Criticism
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesArchitecture Design Interior Design View 356 other Bachelors in Architecture in United States
- File the SUNY Application Online
- Admissions Essay
- School Transcripts
- English Proficiency
- U.S. equivalency of your credential(s)
- Cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) strong B average
- An English translation for all documents, where applicable
International15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
National15870 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7935 USD per semester during 48 months.
In-State5290 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2645 USD per semester during 48 months.
- State Residents: $3585 per semester
- Out-of-state residents: $10,846 per semester
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.